Honeypot is a developer-focused job platform, linking screened tech talent with screened companies. Honeypot is founded by entrepreneur and investor Kaya Taner. Taner previously co-founded mobile app marketing platform AppLift, which he grew as CEO from 0 to a 160-people-strong, profitable organization and raised USD 20 Mio+ Venture Capital funding on the way. Honeypot is now looking for highly-driven, smart people seeking to co-shape the next success story. Currently we are looking for an experienced backend developer to join the development team. As a PHP developer you will be responsible for creating and maintaining our website as well as web clients. Therefore you need to have a deep knowledge in back-end development and be familiar with PHP frameworks. But most of all we wish that you have a passion for learning new technologies and improving your skill set. Technology evolves and we want you to be a part of that change. You will be working closely with our marketing and sales team so German language skills are a plus as is the ability to work as part of a team.
Salary will be discussed upfront.
Since we have various projects runing. You should be good at either one of the following frameworks:
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Co-shape a new and innovative product.
- Design, develop and maintain the Back End.
- Dedicate yourself to building a well-tested and scalable application.
- Improve code quality through clean code and code review.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to the teams, collect and share information across the teams
- Drive collaborative design and architectural decisions with the teams, remove impediments and consult the Product Owners for long term strategy
- Provide support and advice for career progression path, provide mentoring and coaching
WHAT WE OFFER:
- An open, honest and fun work environment.
- Competitive salary package with potential equity participation.
- Insights into how a company is built from scratch.
- Participation in technology conferences, workshops, meetups and user-groups.
- Time (and company mentality) to contribute to open source work/projects.
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING:
- Since we are filling mid-level to senior/lead positions your experience can range from 2-6 years.
- Since you are an experienced backend developer, we can skip all the SQL, NoSQL, TDD, security, agile, Scrum, Git, GitHub-talk and focus on the real things:
- You are experienced in software architecture (design patterns, databases)
- Good knowledge in using modern PHP frameworks
- Good knowledge of (My)SQL, noSQL is a plus
- Frontend knowledge is a plus
- You have your favorite frameworks, languages and platforms. You know their ins and outs and love to have a chat about them.
- You are an active member of the developer community.
- Preferably you have graduated (or you can convince us, why this is not so important).
- You are fluent in English.
No need for a crappy cover letter, just send your CV, LinkedIn and Github profile to Sasha or simply apply here :)
Apply for Backend PHP Developer
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.