Our developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As our Java Developer, you take ownership of projects, learn, and work collaboratively with your...
Our developers are integrated, involved, and essential to each part of our company. As our Java Developer, you take ownership of projects, learn, and work collaboratively with your colleagues. You design, test, evolve, and evaluate the nuts and bolts of our operation and offer a creative and analytical approach.
The high-quality code that you deliver is stylish, sexy, and robust. You love to build ultra-scalable systems. You’re at home writing platforms and you understand how each line of code fits into a business plan.
Your skills will be complemented with the latest tech. We are committed to pushing development wherever possible: We started using Java 11 in January 2019 for all of our backend.
At Picnic we have diverse projects to keep you interested. You’ll have the freedom to experiment and evolve your abilities even if you think you should focus on Android development.
- Design, develop, and test new user-facing features of our platform
- Create scalable, reliable and reusable high-quality code
- Innovate and advance the core planning, shopping, retailing and shipment algorithms
- To maximize operational performance and efficiency - optimise supply chain systems
- Analyse and improve the scalability and security of our platform
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 1-3 years experience in Programming and Software Development
- Superb understanding of back end development (Java, Spring MVC, Elastic, MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Critical thinking and initiative with hands-on and nothing-is-impossible mindset
- Highly analytical and curious intellect
- Ability to translate business requirements into high-performing scalable solutions
- Ability to articulate technical problems and projects to all teams
Technologies we use:
- ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Kinesis
- NPM, Yarn, Webpack
- Maven and Git
- PostgreSQL (PostGIS), MongoDB, Snowflake
- Hadoop, Spark, Elastic MapReduce (EMR)
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Kops, Terraform, Vault, Packer