Lead DevOps Engineer (relocation offered)

  • Company: Safened
  • Job Location: Amsterdam - Netherlands
  • Date: February 27, 2019 13:37
  • Employment Type: Any
  • Experience: Any
  • Job Functions:

    Information Technology

Job summary

With your experience, you are in the lead. That means that approximately 10% of the time you coach members in the growing team, and the other 90% is spent working on DevOps...

Job description


Position

With your experience, you are in the lead. That means that approximately 10% of the time you coach members in the growing team, and the other 90% is spent working on DevOps yourself. Leadership by example. You will also provide the operations perspective in architectural settings, and occasionally work with client teams.

In a nutshell, you are involved across the board. CI/CD, monitoring, real-time event analysis, incident response... you name it.

Responsibilities:

  • Write scripts to automate operations and server management
  • Maintain existing tools for notifications, monitoring, trending, and analysis
  • Investigate reported / suspected outage issues, documenting issues, resolution, maintaining a knowledge base of known issues and remedies
  • Deploy, test and document development, pre-production, and production environments
  • Provide escalation support and expertise to incident management processes involving client AWS/Cloud Infrastructures or related issues
  • Designing, scoping, building and maintaining infrastructure on AWS and other cloud environment
  • Helping to build and grow the DevOps team

Your qualification

  • 8+ years of experience in DevOps, SysAdmin and/or Development
  • You can deal with both Microsoft and Linux, but also AWS (or Azure, but willing to learn and dive into AWS)
  • You are a great communicator and have outstanding English skills
  • You know containers (e.g. Docker)
  • You have some knowledge of .NET Core / C#
  • You like to coach and teach, while also being a believer in continuous personal improvement

What we offer

  • The chance to work in a multinational company that works with leading names in global finance
  • Pension in place
  • 25 days of vacation
  • An attractive relocation package
  • A workplace in a beautiful historic building in the heart of Amsterdam
  • Daily fresh and tasty lunch with your colleagues
  • The option to travel to our Barcelona office from time to time
  • Free afterwork drinks in our very own historic bar on Fridays

v1.7@web04