About the Position:
Walks is a leader in the tours and activities industry, offering unique and memorable travel experiences in Italy, New York City, Paris, London, Barcelona and San Francisco. We are an innovative, ambitious, travel-loving team working within an environment that allows you to be a part of the larger picture and encourages your development through multiple initiatives.
We are looking to fulfill the position of Product & Operations Manager, based in Amsterdam. This candidate should have the ability to think strategically, self-start and lead a team. This role will require strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the propensity for dynamic and unique problem-solving.
The Product Manager in Amsterdam will:
- Work with the corporate offices to design and develop small, group tours and exceptional travel experiences for our robust client base
- Curate relationships with potential suppliers, and local and nearby monuments and attractions
- Coordinate with local freelancers, professional sightseeing guides, coordinators, and transport purveyors
- Ensure daily operations are fulfilled smoothly, efficiently, and at a high quality
This is an opportunity to showcase your passion for tourism in Amsterdam by developing unique products to be experienced by thousands of guests--get in on the ground floor of our international team and become part of a rapidly growing travel organization.
- Product and itinerary development: research and identify products and work with office and Company representatives for approval, then work with relevant vendors/suppliers/local guides/transport to operate product. Monitor competition and new product offerings in market.
- Put together clear product sheets, outlining pricing, costs, margins, volume estimates, as per Company procedures
- Vendor/Site relationship management: develop relationships with target vendors, negotiate rates and product details and pitch new product ideas.
- Follow products on semi-frequent basis for purposes of auditing flow of itinerary, logistical functioning, client response, and general quality.
- Provide remote Guest Experience team with training and understanding of all products, and assist in preparation of training materials
- Ensure all attraction tickets are correctly purchased, inserted into the database, and distributed, etc.
- Local hiring: work with Human Resources to seek out new potential transportation providers and local guides and deliver training and standardization materials
- Keep an “on-the-field” schedule, which has flexible and changing needs, therefore, does not operate under standard office hours
- Train and master Company proprietary software and train local contractors to use systems
Skills and Requirements:
- Proven work experience in the tours and activities sector, or as a project manager, travel or hospitality professional, ground operations manager, or related fields
- Previous work experience working with tour guides, attractions in Amsterdam, or local transport companies is helpful
- Passion for Amsterdam & Dutch culture, necessary
- Must be able to travel outside of The Netherlands occasionally for workshops and trainings
- Strong verbal and written fluency in Dutch and English
- Fluency with Google Suite, Slack and/or Asana
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for Tour Development Manager
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.